Fall is just around the corner in Haverhill, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a big impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to think about when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Haverhill a call at 978-373-2500 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!