Winter weather is just around the corner in Haverhill and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often get higher. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during Haverhill winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Haverhill professionals a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before cold weather arrives in Haverhill.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Haverhill a call at 978-291-7441 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.