Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the first impression that guests have when coming into your Haverhill home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are willing to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery about a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can be given a major revamp.
Accept guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Haverhill, give them a call at 978-291-7441 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the choices for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.