The Project Estimator plays a critical role in the sales process by preparing a quotation from a list of materials, an elevation takeoff or project plans and specs. The Project Estimator interacts with internal and external customers and makes technical and financial decisions as they pertain to the project.
Responsibilities/Accountabilities includes the following, but not limited to:
- Ensure customers receive proper service with accurate and timely preparation of estimates, sometimes involving coordination with other departments.
- Work closely with Lead Estimator, Sales, Pella Architectural and Support Services, Project Coordinators and external customers demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Answer technical questions regarding product and installation applications as well as recommend solutions when asked.
- Be responsible for list of material and elevation takeoff estimates as well as plans and specs estimating.
- Conduct construction site visits for field measurement, product testing, and installation training.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss project status and pricing strategies with sales and management.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Adhere to Pella Corporation policies and standard operating procedures.
- Any additional duties assigned by their manager.
- Understands architectural blueprints and details
- Understands Architectural specifications & terminology
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills: written, verbal and listening
- Attention to detail
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Adaptability to daily changing situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and smart devices, and ability to learn internal software programs and applications.